KRK KNS 6400 Overview
RECORD. MIX. MONITOR. ENJOY.
KRK Headphones provide a precise listening experience that takes you from personal studio to commercial studio to on-the-go track evaluations -- and they allow you to accurately enjoy your music with the consistent voicing philosophy and honest reproduction top producers, studio musicians, performers and engineers have come to trust. KRK headphones provide incredibly natural frequency response that gives you a reference standard unaffected by your location. Day or night. Studio or home. Without disturbing others. Without compromising your tracks. Passionate about music and interested in experiencing the artist's vision as it was intended to be heard? Then experience KRK.LISTEN UP. THIS IS HOW YOUR MUSIC IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND.
Whether you are listening to some tracks, or tracking your next recording, the KNS-6400 gives you the famous KRK sound independent of your monitors. This closed-back around-the-ear design brings you closer to your music, and the highly isolated surround pads give you the freedom to immerse yourself in the sound without having your monitor mix "escape" into open microphones—and keeps live instruments out of what you are monitoring. Having "One Voice" that consistently gives you accurate reproduction of your music or mix will help you achieve just what the artist intended—especially if the artist is you.PERFORMANCE
- Accurate, natural and wide frequency response
- Class leading KRK sound clarity, very low-distortion
- Precise Imaging and extended LF response
- High isolation for both noise rejection and leakage
- Detachable and replaceable locking cable
- Rotating ear cups for travel and storage
- Durable, impact resistant materials throughout
- Replaceable ear and head cushions
- Lightweight construction for use over long sessions
- Adjustable low-pressure headband system
- Ear and head cushions utilize advanced memory foam
- Self-aligning yoke system ensures the best possible fit
KRK KNS 6400 Features
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK's class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
- A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The special foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
- Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
- Large dynamic range with extremely consistent low-distortion detail and clarity.
- Extended low frequency definition, ensures the bass component of your music is accurately reproduced, and is not lost.
- Transparent reproduction of high-frequencies, resulting in highly accurate imaging.
- High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
- High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
- Adjustable, foldable driver enclosures provide comfort and portability.
- Replaceable cable, head, and ear cushions to ensure long product life.
- Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
- 1/4" jack plug can be unscrewed to reveal a 1/8" plug for laptops and portable media players.
KRK KNS 6400 Technical Specifications
- Configuration: Closed back, circumaural
- System type:Monitor Headphones
- Cable: 2.5 m, (8.2 ft.), 99.99% OFC detachable
- Ear Cushion type:Acoustic cellular foam [KNS-6400]
- Headpad Finish:Leatherette [KNS-6400]
- Nominal Headband Pressure:4 N (based on average head size)
- Ambient Noise Isolation: up to 26 dBA [KNS-6400]
- Tranducer: 40mm, neodymium
- Power Handling Full Range:1000mW
- Nominal Impedance: 36 ohms
- Frequency Response:10Hz to 22KHz
- Sensitivity (1mW):95 dB SPL
- Calculated Max SPL:122 dB SPL
- Connector:Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm)
- Volume Control:N/A
- Finish:Black impact resistant plastic
- Dimensions:3.7" (94mm) x 10.5" (267mm) x 9.6" (244mm)
- Weight:0.46 Lbs. (0.21Kg)
KRK KNS 6400 Reviews
GUITAR VIRTUOSO JOHNNY A.
“The first thing I noticed was the comfort...just great. Then I was extremely impressed with the sound quality...clear and natural. But on extended listening, what struck me was how they didn't sound as much like headphones, but more like KRK studio monitors. The more I use KRK, from the headphones to my V8s to my E8s...what I have come to expect and enjoy is the extremely accurate and consistent reproduction of sound. Just fantastic!.”
KRK Systems Now at HeadRoom
“The KRK Systems monitor speakers have been the toast of pro audio geeks and studio producers for decades and we're overjoyed that they've decided to bring the same caliber of execution and performance to the headphone category.”
“Expect excellent isolation from the KNS 6400 closed-back earcups for superb listening privacy in any setting and zero leakage into the mic during recording or vocal work. Highly recommended, well-priced headphone for recordists, mixers, DJs and personal monitoring of all music genres.”
“These headphones provide a noticeably different listening and soundstaging experience than other headphones in their class, one that's likely to win over musicians from some other headphones costing much more.”
“The first thing I want to know is whether the low frequencies are there? Does it feel like the Expose monitors? And it totally does, the comfort is incredible. They are lightweight - not these big, old heavy headphones that you feel like you want to take off after wearing them for five minutes. Now when I take my mixes home or when I'm traveling, I can plug my KRK headphones into my laptop and feel like I'm still in the studio. That's important when you're making hits for the radio; you have to be spot on.”
Record Producer/Label Owner
“The low end was unexpectedly round and robust, and the tops were high. And you don't have the sensation that you've got these sort of speakers literally duct taped to your ears where there's a really flat sound. It had depth - it felt musical, which for me is really important.”
“When its past 10:00 and the kids are sleeping and you need to get this one more mix finished, and you have to change from your speakers to your headphones, you're not losing anything. In a studio situation you're wearing headphones for 12 hours, 14 hours, 16 hours. They've got to be comfortable. They've got to be closed back because you're going to record with them. They've got to have a long cable with a volume control on the cable that's convenient. These have them. That's great.”