KRK KNS 8400 Overview
RECORD. MIX. MONITOR. ENJOY.
KRK Headphones provide a precise listening experience that takes you from personal studio to commercial studio to on-the-go track evaluations -- and they allow you to accurately enjoy your music with the consistent voicing philosophy and honest reproduction top producers, studio musicians, performers and engineers have come to trust. KRK headphones provide incredibly natural frequency response that gives you a reference standard unaffected by your location. Day or night. Studio or home. Without disturbing others. Without compromising your tracks. Passionate about music and interested in experiencing the artist's vision as it was intended to be heard? Then experience KRK.Headphones for Educated Ears.
Looking for a pair of headphones that are specifically designed to replicate music as it should be heard with the ability to satisfy experienced ears? Get your head around this: KRK has always been focused solely on accurate monitoring. The KNS 8400 -- with their ability to reveal exactly what you have on the tracks is an ideal choice for critical listening. Being able to discern the most subtle differences in pitch, timbre and tone helps you to get it right every mix, every take, every performance. Isolating memory foam in the ear cushions delivers improved low end response and because they gently conform to your unique head shape you'll be comfortable wearing them all day.PERFORMANCE
- Accurate, natural and wide frequency response
- Class leading KRK sound clarity, very low-distortion
- Precise Imaging and extended LF response
- High isolation for both noise rejection and leakage
- Detachable and replaceable locking cable
- Rotating ear cups for travel and storage
- Durable, impact resistant materials throughout
- Replaceable ear and head cushions
- Lightweight construction for use over long sessions
- Adjustable low-pressure headband system
- Ear and head cushions utilize advanced memory foam
- Self-aligning yoke system ensures the best possible fit
KRK KNS 8400 Features
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK's class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circumaural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustic system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
- A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The memory foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
- Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
- Large dynamic range with extremely consistent low-distortion detail and clarity.
- Extended low frequency definition, ensures the bass component of your music is accurately reproduced, and is not lost.
- Transparent reproduction of high-frequencies, resulting in highly accurate imaging.
- High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
- High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
- Adjustable, foldable earphone cups provide comfort and portability.
- Replaceable cable, head, and ear cushions to ensure long product life.
- Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
- 1/4" stereo jack plug can be unscrewed to reveal a 1/8" stereo plug for laptops and portable media players.
KRK KNS 8400 Technical Specifications
- Configuration: Closed back, circumaural
- System type:Monitor Headphones
- Cable: 2.5 m, (8.2 ft.), 99.99% OFC detachable
- Ear Cushion type:Acoustic memory foam [KNS-8400]
- Headpad Finish:Premium leatherette [KNS-8400]
- Nominal Headband Pressure:4 N (based on average head size)
- Ambient Noise Isolation: up to 30 dBA [KNS-8400]
- Tranducer: 40mm, neodymium
- Power Handling Full Range:1000mW
- Nominal Impedance: 36 ohms
- Frequency Response:5Hz to 23 kHz
- Sensitivity (1mW):97 dB SPL
- Calculated Max SPL:124 dB SPL
- Connector:Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm)
- Volume Control:in cord, detachable
- Finish:Black impact resistant plastic
- Dimensions:3.7" (94mm) x 10.5" (267mm) x 9.6" (244mm)
- Weight:0.5 Lbs. (0.23Kg)
KRK KNS 8400 Reviews
The KNS-8400 feel solid but still fairly light. You definitely don't wear a big heavy weight on your head. The headband and the cups have nice leather padding which make them very comfortable. I had no problem wearing them for hours on end.
GUITAR VIRTUOSO JOHNNY A.
“The first thing I noticed was the comfort...just great. Then I was extremely impressed with the sound quality...clear and natural. But on extended listening, what struck me was how they didn't sound as much like headphones, but more like KRK studio monitors. The more I use KRK, from the headphones to my V8s to my E8s...what I have come to expect and enjoy is the extremely accurate and consistent reproduction of sound. Just fantastic!.”
KRK Systems Now at HeadRoom
“The KRK Systems monitor speakers have been the toast of pro audio geeks and studio producers for decades and we're overjoyed that they've decided to bring the same caliber of execution and performance to the headphone category.”
“KNS 8400 - Nuanced tonal balance and clear timbral transparency at all frequencies. Low-end bass response is robust and full but with controlled impact while the uppermost highs remain present and brilliant without glare or screech.”
Audio Media magazine
“I've just fallen in love with a pair of KRK KNS 8400s. The detail in the sound is amazing. It really felt like I was hearing it in the studio.”
“I found the KNS-8400 to be good for tracking, offering minimal fatigue on the top end, slightly scooped out low mids (around 200 to 400 Hz) and just enough bottom - and that performers liked both KRK models for overdubs.”
“These headphones provide a noticeably different listening and soundstaging experience than other headphones in their class, one that's likely to win over musicians from some other headphones costing much more.”
“The first thing I want to know is whether the low frequencies are there? Does it feel like the Expose monitors? And it totally does, the comfort is incredible. They are lightweight - not these big, old heavy headphones that you feel like you want to take off after wearing them for five minutes. Now when I take my mixes home or when I'm traveling, I can plug my KRK headphones into my laptop and feel like I'm still in the studio. That's important when you're making hits for the radio; you have to be spot on.”
Record Producer/Label Owner
“The low end was unexpectedly round and robust, and the tops were high. And you don't have the sensation that you've got these sort of speakers literally duct taped to your ears where there's a really flat sound. It had depth - it felt musical, which for me is really important.”
“When its past 10:00 and the kids are sleeping and you need to get this one more mix finished, and you have to change from your speakers to your headphones, you're not losing anything. In a studio situation you're wearing headphones for 12 hours, 14 hours, 16 hours. They've got to be comfortable. They've got to be closed back because you're going to record with them. They've got to have a long cable with a volume control on the cable that's convenient. These have them. That's great.”