KRK ROKIT Powered 10-3 Overview
KRK Rokit series monitors are one of the most sought after solutions for accurate monitoring in studios around the world. The Rokit Powered 10-3 monitor is a state of the art three way design and provides an unsurpassed level of power, performance and accuracy. Most professional and commercial facilities offer clients a broad choice of Studio monitors, from near-to mid, or even main field systems to ensure that their mixing translates well across playback systems. In some studio environments one monitoring system might have to do it all: the ability to generate huge sound pressure levels when the music and clients demand it, yet maintain the clarity and transparency of a professional studio monitor. The Rokit Powered 10-3 delivers the power, accuracy and clarity demanded in these situations.
The Rokit Powered 10-3 is a Mid-field 3-way monitor system enclosed in a compact form factor. This suits commercial facilities in need of compact mid-field solution as well as private, or project studios wanting to step up to a new level of performance and value. The high SPL output allows it to reproduce challenging high dynamic tracks for all genres of music.
With space and placement of Mid-fields virtually always a concern in recording, mobile and broadcast facilities, the Rokit Powered 10-3 offers location flexibility by placing the tweeter and midrange in a unique rotatable housing. Whether they are vertical, placed on their side or wall mounted – the proper orientation of the acoustic axis can be maintained. Cabinet placement allows for a generous one- to four-meters (approximately three to 13-feet) for rated performance.
Rokit monitors have radically curved front surfaces which prevent the problems caused by traditional rectangular speakers. Other products suffer from diffraction as sound waves leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the listening field causing phase distortion. The Rokit Powered 10-3 enclosure virtually eliminates diffraction and provides a wider, more natural sounding sweet spot.
Take a look at other monitors and you'll find ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports cause bass coupling problems with walls and corners, amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The superior design of the Rokit Powered 10-3 features front-firing slotted ports which are also shaped to reduce port turbulence. This combination ensures clean and accurate bass performance, even at high SPLs, without coupling issues. The careful tweeter design of dome and waveguide geometry coupled to the curved front baffle are optimized for on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot. The Rokit Powered 10-3 has both Low and High Frequency level controls. This feature provides specific adjustment of both ends of the frequency spectrum output most commonly affected by room acoustics. These controls ensure the most accurate mix for your particular room's acoustics.
KRK ROKIT Powered 10-3 Features
- True 3-Way Design enabling the most important part of the frequency spectrum to be reproduced by a separate midrange driver, resulting in an incredibly neutral midrange response.
- Axis Control - The monitors can be placed and positioned vertically and horizontally, enabled by the rotatable MF/HF Baffle.
- Mid-Field - The Rokit Powered 10-3 is a mid-field monitor, with the optimal operating distance of 1m-4m depending on preference, room size, geometry, orientation, and configuration.
- Curved Baffle virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port is shape optimized to reduce turbulence and reduce boundary coupling.
- Tweeter Waveguide design provides amazing detail and imaging by optimizing directivity and phase response.
- 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter This tweeter design utilizes a silk dome for detailed high frequency reproduction.
- Ferro fluid Damping / Cooling The properties of ferro-fluid are used to control distortion and heat dissipation of the tweeter.
- Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid Woofer and Midrange cones for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
- KRK High Efficiency Tri-Amp a triple amplification system provides discrete low-distortion power for each driver. While our active three-way crossover systems provide smooth and accurate frequency response.
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection are integral to the design enhancing the safety and ensuring long life of the product..
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- Total Connectivity - The Rokit Powered 10-3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR, and 1/4" Line inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs.
KRK ROKIT Powered 10-3 Technical Specifications
- System type:Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency:10" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
- Mid-Frequency:4" Aramid Glass Composite Midrange
- High-Frequency:1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response:31Hz - 20kHz
- Max Peak SPL:113 dB
- Amplifier Class:Class A-B
- Power Output:140W
- High Frequency:30W
- Low Frequency:80W
- Input Impedance (Ohms):10 K Ohm balanced
- HF Level Adjust:-2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
- System Volume:(-30dB - +6dB)
- Input Connectors:
- Unbalanced RCA
- Balanced 1/4" TRS
- Balanced XLR
- AC Power Input:
- Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V (50Hz - 60Hz)
- or 100V (50Hz - 60 Hz)
- Enclosure Construction:MDF
- Finish:Black vinyl wrap
- Port Configuration:Front firing slot port
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 21.2" (540mm) x 12.7" (325mm) x 14.3" (365mm)
- Weight:46 Lbs. 21 Kg.)
KRK ROKIT Powered 10-3 Reviews
Pro Audio Review
“All of our industry's KRK users will be pleased to know that the ROKIT Powered 10-3 is similarly and/or complementarily voiced to the rest of the line, notably in its high-frequency response, while enjoying the sub-like, low-end reach that this 'mini main' can provide.”Read Review
“Getting the most out of one pair of monitors can be difficult if you have to choose between near or midfields. Of course, it would be great to have the best of both worlds. And this is where the KRK Rokit 10-3 series really fills a need.”Read Review
“Notable is the design feature that enables the user to reconfigure the mid- and high-frequency drivers so that the cabinet can be operated horizontally. Quite ingenious.”
“The strength of the 10-3 is in the mids and upper mids. Voices, violins, winds, were all nuanced and distinct, and even massed brass sections didn't lose transparency." ”Read Review
“The RP10's bottom end's tighter and deeper, there's no honkiness from the port at any listening level, the mid-range is detailed and transparent, and the top end is smooth and revealing. The RP10s don't sound hi-fi in the hyped, flattering sense, but there's an enjoyably involving character to the sound ”Read Review
“You can push people back in their seats and enjoy the vaguely stunned yet impressed looks they give you. Did I mention they're exceedingly good at being loud? Not sloppy loud either.”
“It positively fans you with deep, deep lows. You don't currently have a dedicated sub, you say? Well, these can and will cover your low-end spread in most rooms with their ported 10s. My low-end translations improved immediately. ”Read Review
Music Connection / Barry Rudolph
“Right out of the box they had an accurate subsonic level and more available (if I wanted) than my mains which cost about 8 times as much!”Read Review
Studio Magazin (Germany) KRK Rokit Powered 10-3 Review
“I was surprised by a very good, contoured bass response, precise stereo imaging, and needle-sharp mid-range response.”Read Review
Mike Levine from Mix Magazine on the KRK Rokit Powered 10-3
“I felt like I could distinguish between the mix elements in a way that I couldn't on my various smaller monitors. To really put them through their paces, I turned them up to close to 100 dB, and they stayed crisp and clean and I felt the floor vibrating. ”Mix Magazine Read Review
JukeBox (Producer of Willow's Whip My Hair) on KRK Rokit Powered 10-3
“I'm very impressed with the clarity they have with a near perfect balance of high, mids, and low end. This is my first time running 3way's in my own studio and I get a very solid and accurate sound in my mixes. Having the low-end drivers in the focus position helps me experience the full potential of sound. ”JukeBox on the Web Willow's Whip My Hair Video